A fantastic £1,850 has been raised as a result of a Will Writing Week organised between Strode Park Foundation and Girlings Solicitors...
New Year, New Ways to Support Charity
We’re now over a week into not only a new year, but a new decade, so if you’re still undecided on your resolutions for the upcoming 12 months here are some ideas to think about…
- Still feeling the impact on your health from a little too much festive cheer? Why not sign up for a sporting challenge and get yourself fighting fit all whilst raising money for charity. Our annual Chicken Run event will be taking place on Sunday 10 May and this year we will be running this over a 10K as well as a 5K distance. It’s a really fun event to take part in with friends (and when else can you legitimately where a chicken suit in public?!) so get together, get motivated and get fundraising! More details and how to join are available on our events page.
- A lot of people will be feeling the pinch on their bank accounts too this month. Instead of heading to your usual high street stores, you can save money by buying from a charity shop instead. Strode Park Foundation has two charity shops (one in Tankerton at 5 St Anne’s Road, CT5 2DN and one in Herne Bay at 19 Bank Street, CT6 5EY) which sell a variety of goods including clothing, accessories bric-a-brac, books and DVDs. By buying items from one of our shops, you are not only saving yourself money, you will also be helping to raise funds for us, supporting the local retail community and helping the environment by buying preloved instead of new.
- Speaking of charity shops, the new year is a great time to have a Spring clean and clear your house of all the clutter that has built up (especially as new homes need to be found for all the gifts received at Christmas). Our charity shops are always looking for donations of good quality items so if you have anything that you no longer need which fits the bill, please bring to our charity drop off point at Strode Park House in Herne which will be open week commencing 13 January.
- A popular resolution is to spend more time with loved ones and what better way than to get your friends and family together and go to an event? Our amphitheatre in Herne, Theatre in the Park, runs a full programme of music and comedy over the summer months with something for everyone to enjoy. All profits from ticket and bar sales go directly into supporting the people with disabilities we care for so it really is a winning idea all round. For more details on the upcoming programme and tickets please keep an eye on our events page.
- Last (but definitely not least) one of the most rewarding that you could do is to volunteer for us. There are so many different ways in which you could do this: by helping at our charity shops or many events to assisting with activities or spending time visiting our residents. More information on the various volunteering opportunities we have available and how to apply can be found on our volunteering page.
Here’s to a fantastic 2020 whatever you get up to!