The Wheelchair Alliance, (the Alliance) published their research report under the heading of: 'The Value of a Wheelchair'
Volunteering at Strode Park is guaranteed to be both rewarding and fun and will certainly give you the opportunity of striking up new friendships, you will also help us to raise much needed cash to support people living with disabilities across Kent.
From volunteering in our Herne Bay charity shop to helping at one of our events to gardening, volunteering for Strode Park couldn’t be easier or more rewarding. All you need to do is read on and if you like what you read, please complete the application form. As soon as we receive it we will be in touch to arrange a time for you to come along and meet us.
- We have one shop in Herne Bay which is run entirely by volunteers. Roles include window dressing, serve on the till and taking care of the stock.
- We have two donation sorting areas at our site in Herne, we need volunteers to sort through the donations and prep the stock ready for delivery to the charity shop
- We also need help getting the prepped stock to the shop – can you drive and have the ability to drop off stock to the shops?
- If you are green fingered we need support at our sites in Herne, Canterbury and Faversham. From weeding to de-heading it all needs doing throughout the summer months
- We have events all year round, they all differ from craft fairs to music events at our very own amphitheatre – we need help in the bar, managing the audience and much more
Hours are varied and we aim to work with you to find a suitable volunteering role within the hours you can manage. If there is something else you want to do but it’s not on the list, just let us know and we will help to find you a suitable and rewarding volunteering role.
There is some training to be completed which is mandatory but we promise to make it as easy as possible and you will need to complete a DBS (Disclosure & Baring Service form) should you be working on site with vulnerable adults.
If you are unable to complete the application form online, we can pop one in the post to you or you can pick up a copy from our reception or shop.
To find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01227 373292.