Platters Farm Lodge - Raising money for their Christmas party!
Five Ways to that Festive Warm Hearted Feeling
As Christmas and the prospect of a fresh new year tend to bring out the giving side of most people, we thought that you may like to know about the various ways that you can support Strode Park Foundation over the festive period. Here are five tips to help you on your way to that warm fuzzy feeling
- Firstly (and most obviously) you can make a donation to our Christmas Appeal. This year, we have launched our Christmas Appeal 2019 along with a fabulous video of our service users and staff really getting into the festive spirit. We are so grateful to everyone who has supported our work this year. Your backing and encouragement has helped us achieve wonderful things to improve the lives of children and adults with disabilities so a gift to our Christmas Appeal will ensure an extra little sparkle at the end of a great year. There are several ways in which you can make a donation:
Text STRODE5 to 70085 to donate £5
Text STRODE10 to 70085 to donate £10
Text STRODE15 to 70085 to donate £15
Text STRODE20 to 70085 to donate £20
(standard message rate applies)
Or you can make a donation of any amount by clicking here.
- Buy Local. We have two charity shops (one in Tankerton and one in Herne Bay) which sell a variety of goods including clothing, accessories bric-a-brac, books and DVDs. By buying a gift from one of our shops, you are not only helping to raise funds for us, you will also be supporting the local retail community and helping the environment by buying preloved instead of new.
- Whilst you’re in a shopping mood, why not buy one of our 2020 Calendars or a pack or two of our charity Christmas Cards? These are not only useful and beautiful to look at but all of the profits go directly towards helping the people with disabilities who we care for. Our calendars are particularly special to us as they feature some fabulous artwork produced by our service users. Both these and the cards can be purchased from our charity shops or from the main reception at Strode Park House.
- With the country moving away from the more materialistic side of things and ‘experience’ gifts becoming the real trend for this year, a ticket to one of our events could well be the perfect present for your loved ones. We run a lot of events throughout the year, including a full programme of music and entertainment in our on-site amphitheatre, Theatre in the Park, over the summer months. There really is something for everyone. Details of all our events, as and when they become available, can be found here.
- Last (but definitely not least) one of the most feel good things that you could do is to volunteer for us. There are so many different ways in which you could do this: by helping at our charity shops or many events to assisting with activities or spending time visiting our residents. More information on the various volunteering opportunities we have available and how to apply can be found here.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to say a massive ‘thank you’ to all those who have supported us during 2019 and we are very much looking forward to another fantastic year in 2020.