We have been reflecting on all our successes over this time and the great support our local community have given us, especially...
Top Tips for fundraising in Lockdown!
Lockdown has presented many changes and challenges to everyone’s day to day lives and even though it is essential it has created many problems that we must face. One of the most prominent for charities is our fundraising. Many charitable organisations are having to battle the fact that a large portion of their income has now gone for the time being and there is no full certainty as to when normal fundraising can commence.
With many of our largest fundraisers such as Theatre in the Park having to be cancelled this year leaving a hole of £16,000 and our charity shops being closed for months, leaving a loss of around £23,000, we have had to adapt, improvise and come up with new ideas to raise money in a way we have never before.
Here are some tips on how you can help us to fundraise, at a time when we need it the most:
- Many people are taking to their gardens to complete fundraising challenges from home. You can even have competitions with your friends, all running from your gardens and tracking who finished in the quickest time! It doesn’t just have to be running, you can complete lots of physical challenges from your home, whether the continuous climbing of stairs to replicate a hike up a mountain, or the most push ups a person can do, the list is endless! Why not sign up to our Stride and Ride Fundraiser which is taking place in July, it is completely adaptable for your situation and you can choose whether you want to run, ride, wheel, jog, walk, scoot, cycle or complete an activity challenge!
- Get on zoom and hold a quiz night or sing along party! The internet has become our best friend in this time and has allowed us to stay connected to all our loved ones, this is a great excuse to have a fun night in whilst also raising money through donations.
- Volunteer! This will not be doable by everyone and we completely understand, but for those of you that are able to we would love to see you apply. Many of our volunteer force are needed back, especially with the reopening of our charity shop in Herne which is completely volunteer led. Maybe you are being furloughed and want to keep busy or miss being able to interact with other people, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! If you can help us at this crucial time please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate! This is a strenuous time for everyone’s bank balance, however if you can spare some change, even if it is just a pound then please do donate, we currently have a donate a pound campaign by texting: ONEPOUNDto 70085 to donate £1 (Your standard message rate applies) or you can go online and make a donation. https://www.strodepark.org.uk/shop/event/donation/
- Get a ‘Coins to Care’ money box. These boxes are great for adults and children. We give you a template, you cut and stick it together and then collect all your loose change in it. When it is full you either donate the total online or send the box back to us. It is a great way to raise money that you won’t even notice is gone. It is also a great way to get your children interested in charity and helping the community. You can download our template on our online shop for free or pay for postage and have it sent to your door. strodepark.org.uk/shop
- If you are unable to do any of the above then we simply ask you to support us on social media through liking and sharing our content as much as you can, the more people who see us the better! https://twitter.com/Strodepark , https://www.facebook.com/StrodeParkFoundation , instagram.com/strodeparkfoundation
Thank you for your support and we can’t wait to see what kind of fundraising you get up to!