Pumpkin Carving Competition
Tuesday 31st October 2023 (5:00pm )
Boo! Spooky season has arrived.
Knives and spoons at the ready because we’re inviting everyone to take part in our 2023 Pumpkin Carving Competition.
Make a donation of your choice (suggested £2), carve your pumpkin (be as creative as you like) and then send us a photo of it. We’ll then upload all the photos to Facebook for a public vote. The winning entry in each category is the photo with the most likes.
We’ve got three age categories:
- 10 and under
- 11 – 17
Please email your photos, with name, age category and title of pumpkin to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date to send your photos to us Tuesday 31 October.
Our top tips
- Start cutting from the bottom, not the top.
- If you do carve from the top, cut out the lid on an angle.
- Scoop out all the pulp (and then some).
- Sketch out your design on paper first.
- Hold the pumpkin in your lap.
- Start with simple rough cuts.
- Use your scraps creatively.
- Light it up.
All under 18s must be supervised by an adult.