Volunteer Collection Pot Assistant
As a Volunteer Collection Pot Assistant we’re looking for someone reliable to help us work in the community and pick up and replace our collection pots. This is a customer facing role so excellent customer service skills is a must as you’ll be representing Strode Park Foundation.
What would I be doing?
You will assist the office based fundraisers with the following tasks:
- Issuing collection pots as and when required.
- Receiving returned collection pots at timed periods and as required
- Prepare collection pots with Strode Park Foundation guidelines and branding.
- Research opportunities to place new collection pots
- Liaise with finance department
- Identify collectors in the area working with the fundraising team and volunteers.
- Hand deliver thank you cards when delivering new collection pots.
- Make telephone calls from the fundraising office to potential collection pot holders.
As agreed with fundraising team.
What skills do I need?
- Good communication and people skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must be prepared to behave in a manner which promotes the charity and maintains its positive reputation within the community
- Access to own, public or other transport (mileage will be paid)
- Ability to work and stay focused in a very active environment
- You must be able to work within relevant health and safety guidelines at all times
- You will be required to maintain appropriate confidentiality to protect the service users of Strode Park Foundation
Will I receive any training?
There will be some form of basic training and a declaration to sign.
You will also be given full induction by the fundraising department so that you know where everything is, and what is required of you.
Due to the nature of the role a DBS Disclosure barring checks may be required for those aged 18+.
You will find all our staff and volunteers very friendly and approachable and we will be very grateful for any assistance you are able to give!
If you’d like to know more, call us for an informal discussion with no obligation to join the team. Call Karen Jeal on 01227 373292.