Service Administrator (Ref: 22-041HO)
Working within the administration team at Strode Park House, you will be providing a wide range of administrative duties.
We are looking for a caring person with a friendly manner and smart appearance. Ideally, you’ll have worked in a care home setting and have a good basic education with GCSEs (or the equivalent) including English and Maths. You also know your way around Microsoft Office. Customer service is something you really enjoy and you’re good at dealing with all sorts of people – face-to-face, on the phone or by email. You’re a multi-tasker who can work well under pressure and uses initiative You like the idea of being part of a friendly team, working together and contributing to the success of your care home.
Some of your duties will include:
- To roster the care team workforce as required, to enable the provision of care to take place in accordance with legislative and organisational standards and in a cost effective manner.
- To input weekly hours on the computerised system, ensuring correct hours are processed to payroll for payment as per the localised guidelines.
- To obtain shift cover to fill rota gaps and responding in a timely manner when staff absence is reported.
- To work as a team with colleagues to ensure organisational requirements and targets are met.
- To provide support, information and reports to the Home Management team and other stakeholders as requested.
- To support other administrative staff with general ad-hoc administration duties.
- To complete any archiving, filing or secure shredding duties as required.
- Provide clerical support for the home as requested by the Home Management team.
- To provide an effective line of communication throughout the team.
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (grade C).
- Experience of using computerised systems for rostering or related activity.
- Ability to work and maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to clearly and appropriately communicate both orally and in written form with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with other stakeholders in a collaborative and engaging way.
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to SPF’s aims, values and objectives.
The following are desirable but not essential criteria:
- Awareness and understanding of workforce activities and role requirements in order to carry out effective and appropriate shift cover.
For more information, please see the Job Description.
Strode Park Foundation provides vital care for children, adults and young people with a range of disabilities in Kent. Our values of Care, Inspire and Together underpin everything we do, and we are so proud to employ truly inspirational people who make our care setting a remarkable place to work.
Working here is rewarding on so many levels and we offer our valued staff members the following benefits:
- Excellent free training and development opportunities
- Paid Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- Free parking at all sites
- Meals provided (subject to availability)
- Unlimited entries for our Refer A Friend scheme (conditions apply)
We are required to carry out a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check for this post. Strode Park complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We will not discriminate unfairly against any subject of a DBS check on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed.
Our home provides care on a 24 hour basis, 7 days a week including weekends and bank holidays. This means we need reliable and flexible staff working within our service. We will consider all requests for flexible working and are proud to be a ‘Flex from First’ employer. Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Strode Park is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to ensuring all applicants with disabilities that meet the minimum criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview and will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Should you require application forms to be supplied in a different format due to a disability, please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 01227 373292 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will gladly assist you with this.