Recruitment Officer (Ref: 22-046HO)
Recruitment Officer job available in Hernebay! We are a close knit busy HR team based in Herne, Kent. We are extremely passionate about recruiting the right people for the right job to ensure that the adults and children who use our services are supported and given the care they desire and deserve. We are looking for a new colleague who shares this passion and is looking for their next career challenge.
As a Recruitment Officer you’ll work collaboratively with managers, care teams and candidates to ensure a high quality, proactive and timely recruitment process from start to finish. You’ll also manage and assist with retention initiatives to ensure we keep hold of talent and ultimately improve service user experience.
If you have recruitment, HR or customer service experience we’d love to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established charity with the responsibility to help shape our workforce. If you want to work for an organisation that makes a real difference and have a passion for recruitment this is an ideal opportunity for you. This is a full time vacancy working Monday – Friday, 9am -5pm.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process from vacancy approval through to arranging the induction of a successful applicant.
- Build relationships with recruiting managers to assist in understanding the demands of their department, tailoring the recruitment process to assist their needs and to provide a first class recruitment service.
- Follow up on all pre-employment clearances, ensuring that all checks have been validated and confirmed as satisfactory prior to commencement.
- Issue contracts of employment and new starter documentation with associated
- Organise, attend and actively participate in recruitment and retention activities, such as open days, job fairs and other events as scheduled and sometimes outside of normal office hours.
- Previous experience of working in an administrative, customer service or HR role.
- GCSEs or equivalent in English and Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment and prioritise workload appropriately.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and the use of standard office equipment.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills, including percentages and decimals, grammar and spelling.
- General awareness of employment legislation surrounding recruitment and selection and able to apply this to the role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and possess a solution- orientated approach.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to SPF’s aims, values and objectives.
- Previous HR experience.
- Experience of Social Care working practices.
- CIPD Level 3 Qualified or demonstrable experience.
- Direct or indirect experience of disability or supporting those with disabilities.
Working for our charity
Strode Park Foundation provides vital care for children, adults and young people with a range of disabilities in Kent. Our values of Care, Inspire and Together underpin everything we do, and we are so proud to employ truly inspirational people who make our care setting a remarkable place to work.
Working here is rewarding on so many levels and we offer our valued staff members the following benefits:
- Excellent free training and development opportunities
- Paid Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- Free parking at all sites
- Meals provided (subject to availability)
- Unlimited entries for our Refer A Friend scheme (conditions apply)
We are required to carry out a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check for this post. Strode Park complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We will not discriminate unfairly against any subject of a DBS check on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed.
We will consider all requests for flexible working and are proud to be a ‘Flex from First’ employer. Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need.
Strode Park is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to ensuring all applicants with disabilities that meet the minimum criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview and will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Should you require application forms to be supplied in a different format due to a disability, please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 01227 373292 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will gladly assist you with this.