Lead Care & Support Worker (Ref: 22-034LDF)
We are looking for a dynamic and flexible individual, holding strong values in line with the organisations care, inspire, together. You will be leading and working as part of a friendly team, supporting vulnerable adults with a range of physical, mental and learning disabilities. You will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life, assisting people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Level 3 Qualification in Health and Social care or a willingness to work towards this within 12 months of being in post.
- A willingness to work toward a Level 4 Qualification if Level 3 already obtained
- Have a strong interest in working in Adult care services and desire to make a difference.
- Experience in a care setting
The following are desirable but not essential criteria:
- Willingness to undertake driving assessment to use company vehicles
- Experience of digital care software along with Microsoft
- Ability to use a computer confidently to enable development of skills needed using Care software
Lady Dane Farmhouse is a beautiful 15 bedded home set in the Kent countryside on the outskirts of the historic town of Faversham. The home welcomes adults with mixed disabilities who need long or short term residential care.
All our team have specialist skills and knowledge in working with people with disabilities and are dedicated to ensuring that residents are supported to live as independently as possible in a fun and nurturing environment.
Working for our charity
Strode Park Foundation provides vital care for children, adults and young people with a range of disabilities in Kent. Our values of Care, Inspire and Together underpin everything we do, and we are so proud to employ truly inspirational people who make our care setting a remarkable place to work.
Working here is rewarding on so many levels and we offer our valued staff members the following benefits:
- Excellent free training and development opportunities
- Paid Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- Free parking at all sites
- Meals provided (subject to availability)
- Unlimited entries for our Refer A Friend scheme (conditions apply)
We are required to carry out a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check for this post. Strode Park complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We will not discriminate unfairly against any subject of a DBS check on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed.
We will consider all requests for flexible working and are proud to be a ‘Flex from First’ employer. Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Strode Park is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to ensuring all applicants with disabilities that meet the minimum criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview and will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Should you require application forms to be supplied in a different format due to a disability, please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 01227 373292 or email@example.com who will gladly assist you with this.