Lead Care & Support Worker – Platters Farm Lodge (Ref: 23-064PFL)
Are you looking to progress your career to the next level in care work? Do you share our charity’s values – ‘Care, Inspire, Together’ and are dedicated in making a real difference to the lives of the vulnerable adults we support?
If you are searching for a full-time senior care and support role in which you will grow, excel and put your leadership skills to use, then we have the role for you at our Platters Farm Lodge (PFL) home in Rainham, Gillingham.
As Lead Care and Support Worker, you will supervise the care team and participate in the delivery of care to our service users, whilst leading the team to ensure a person-centred approach is delivered. You will also:
- Be responsible for the safe custody of medication, including checking, auditing and administration
- Assist with bed making, serving of meals, use hoists and show proficiency in all movement and transferring techniques
- Encourage our service users to reach their full potential
- Assist in the preparation of individual person-centred care plans and the keeping of written reports
- Be responsible for the guidance, support and basic training/induction of new Care and Support Workers at PFL
As a Strode Park Foundation colleague, you will get comprehensive support from day one and receive training and development opportunities to develop your skills.
Platters Farm Lodge offers short breaks, respite, rehabilitation, and long-stay facility for adults in Rainham, Medway. Individuals can live at Platters Farm Lodge on a long-term basis. The service also provides people with dementia related care and support.
For some people, the fun and nurturing environment of Platters Farm Lodge is their permanent home. The service is vibrant, socially warm, and inviting for the individual and their family and friends. For further information, go to: Platters Farm Lodge (strodepark.org.uk)
Shift times at Platters Farm Lodge are:
Long day: 07:00-21:30
Platters Farm Lodge provides care on a 24-hour basis, 7 days a week including weekends and bank holidays. This means we value reliable and flexible staff. We will consider all requests for flexible working and are proud to be a ‘Flex from First’ employer. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Meals Provided
- Paid Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Free Flu Jab
- Free Parking
- Refer a friend bonus
- Strode Lottery
- Staff Council
- Flexible Hours
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Newsletter and updates
- Staff Awards
Our ideal Lead Care and Support Worker will:
- Have direct or indirect experience of disability or supporting those with disabilities
- Be able to communicate clearly with our residents, adapting to their individual requirements
- Possess good computer skills
- Hold Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent, or be willing to attain this qualification
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and with other colleagues of Strode Park Foundation in a collaborative and engaging way
Although not essential, it would be an advantage if you have:
- Experience of working in a supervisory role
- Previous experience of working in care
Caring since 1946, Strode Park Foundation provides vital care and support services, supported living opportunities and day and leisure services for young people and adults with a range of disabilities across Kent. Our values of Care, Inspire and Together underpin everything we do, and we are very proud to employ truly inspirational people who make our care setting a remarkable place to work.
Creating an Inclusive Environment
Strode Park Foundation (“Strode Park”) is fully committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Strode Park values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation.
Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our service users, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Strode Park will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. It will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.