Children’s Lead Care & Support Worker (Ref: 22-040FP)
If you come from a Support Worker, Care Assistant, Care Worker, Carer, Customer Service, Retail or Hospitality background we would love to hear from you.
Our Footprints service is based just outside Canterbury, in the quiet countryside. Here, we specialise in the care of children and young people. Whilst they are resilient and determined, they face huge adversity and need support in all aspects of their lives. You will be responsible for ensuring they have the best opportunity to live the lives they deserve. You will be leading and working as part of a friendly team, supporting children with a range of physical, mental and learning disabilities. You will play a vital part in providing the young people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life, providing for their physical needs as well as emotional support. For instance, you may be asked to take them for a walk at seaside, attend a pop concert, or even take them on holiday. You’ll carry out peg feeds, give physiotherapy to improve their health and well-being, and providing all forms of personal care.
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Children in Residential Care, or be able to obtain this within 2 years, as this is a mandatory requirement for this service.
- You must be motivated to respond and engage in all aspects of caring for our children.
- Following extensive training you will be working 121 so will need to be patient and resilient with a caring attitude.
- You will have a current clean driving license due to our location and driving our children to their external activities (in SPF vehicles).
The following are desirable but not essential criteria:
- Previous experience working within a care role, whether it be paid work or personal.
- Level 5 Qualification in a Health and Social Care setting or a willingness to work towards this within 12 months of
being in the role.
- Related qualifications in Team Leading/Supervising a team.
- Ideally you’ll have worked with children or young adults with similar needs before, however full training will be provided to those without experience who demonstrate the right attributes and desire to make a difference.
For more information, please see the Job Description and Person Specification.
Strode Park Foundation provides vital care for children, adults and young people with a range of disabilities in Kent. Our values of Care, Inspire and Together underpin everything we do, and we are so proud to employ truly inspirational people who make our care setting a remarkable place to work.
Working here is rewarding on so many levels and we offer our valued staff members the following benefits:
- £1500 RETENTION BONUS
- Excellent free training and development opportunities
- Paid Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- Free parking at all sites
- Meals provided (subject to availability)
- Unlimited entries for our Refer A Friend scheme (conditions apply)
We are required to carry out a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check for this post. Strode Park complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We will not discriminate unfairly against any subject of a DBS check on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed.
Our home provides care on a 24-hour basis, 7 days a week including weekends and bank holidays. This means we need reliable and flexible staff working within our service. We will consider all requests for flexible working and are proud to be a ‘Flex from First’ employer. Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need, including if you prefer to work days or nights.
Strode Park is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to ensuring all applicants with disabilities that meet the minimum criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview and will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Should you require application forms to be supplied in a different format due to a disability, please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 01227 373292 who will gladly assist you with this.