Band 6 Occupational Therapist (Ref: 23-068SPH)
We have a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our fantastic and friendly therapy team here at Strode Park House, working with a variety of complex neurological conditions.
At Strode Park House we provide for all our residents through assessment, rehabilitation, support and care, across our lovely 55-bed nursing home set in beautiful grounds.
– Evaluate patients’ physical, mental, and emotional capabilities to determine appropriate treatment plans
– Develop and implement individualized treatment programs to help patients improve their ability to perform daily activities
– Use therapeutic techniques and equipment to assist patients in regaining independence and improving their quality of life
– Monitor and document patients’ progress, adjusting treatment plans as necessary
– Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, such as doctors and nurses, to coordinate patient care
– Educate patients and their families on techniques for managing their condition and maximizing independence
– Strong knowledge of occupational therapy principles, theories, and practices
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, families, and healthcare team members
– Ability to assess patient needs and develop appropriate treatment plans
– Proficiency in using therapeutic techniques and equipment
– Strong documentation skills to accurately record patient progress and treatment plans – Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
You will assess and identify the needs of our rehabilitation residents to enable them to achieve their goals in their rehabilitation programme using rehabilitation techniques, prescribing equipment, and adaptations in accordance with relevant legislation.
You will be supported by a lead therapist alongside our wonderful Care and Support Workers and nursing team.
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Be an experienced Occupational Therapist with a recognised qualification in Occupational Therapy i.e. Dip. C.O.T or BSc O.T
- HCPC registration
- A significant level of experience at a Band 6 level, working with people with physical disabilities, long-term neurological conditions and/or neuro rehabilitation
- The ability to communicate effectively with all residents
- Be passionate about helping people improve their quality of life
- Computer skills
Strode Park Foundation provides vital care in Kent for adults and young people with a range of disabilities. Our values of Care, Inspire and Together underpin everything we do, and we are so proud to employ truly inspirational people who make our care setting a remarkable place to work.
Working here is rewarding on so many levels and we offer our valued staff members the following benefits:
- Excellent free training and development opportunities
- Paid Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- Free parking at all sites
- Meals provided (subject to availability)
- Unlimited entries for our Refer A Friend scheme (conditions apply)
We are required to carry out a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check for this post. Strode Park complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We will not discriminate unfairly against any subject of a DBS check on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed.
We will consider all requests for flexible working and are proud to be a ‘Flex from First’ employer. Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Strode Park is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to ensuring all applicants with disabilities that meet the minimum criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview and will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Should you require application forms to be supplied in a different format due to a disability, please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 01227-373292 or email@example.com who will gladly assist you with this.