Volunteer Retail Assistant
As a Volunteer Retail Assistant, we are looking for people who can help us in our charity shop. You’ll be serving customers and helping them with their shopping experience with us. Excellent customer service skills is a must.
We are very flexible and we’d love to hear from you about what time you could offer. No previous experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for people to help the retail volunteer team in the following tasks:
- Working within a team to ensure the shop remains a happy and inviting place to be
- Preparing items for sale in our shop
- Maintaining a tidy and attractive shop
- Organising stock and displays so that they remain attractive and ready for sale
- Promoting the charity and the importance of our supporters
- Prioritising good customer relations and friendly service
- Handling cash and card payments and assisting with cashing up procedures
- Maintaining safe practice within our shops and reporting any concerns
As agreed with fundraising team.
What skills do I need?
- Good communication and people skills
- Ability to use own initiative within set tasks
- Must be prepared to always behave in a manner which promotes the charity and maintains its positive reputation within the community
- Ability to work and stay focused in a very active environment
- You must be able to work within relevant health and safety guidelines at all times
- You will be required to maintain appropriate confidentiality to protect the service users and departments within Strode Park Foundation
Will I receive any training?
There will be some form of basic training and a declaration to sign.
You will also be given full induction by the fundraising department so that you know where everything is, and what is required of you.
Due to the nature of the role a DBS Disclosure barring checks may be required for those aged 18+.
You will find all our staff and volunteers very friendly and approachable and we will be very grateful for any assistance you are able to give!
If you’d like to know more, call us for an informal discussion with no obligation to join the team. Call Karen Jeal on 01227 373292.