Volunteer Gardening Assistant
We’re looking for Volunteer Gardening Assistants to help us maintain our gardens and grounds across one, some or all of our homes.
What would I be doing?
- Assist the grounds team and home managers with maintaining the garden areas of the centres
- Basic garden maintenance, weeding, planting, pruning etc.
- Working with a team to ensure that the gardens remain engaging, sensory and beautiful spaces for our service users to enjoy as well as areas which encourage wildlife and the showcasing of nature’s wonder.
As agreed with fundraising team.
What skills do I need?
- Basic gardening knowledge and/or the ability to learn these skills
- Keen and enthusiastic enjoyment of the outdoors.
- Good communication and people skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must be prepared to behave in a manner which promotes the Charity and maintains it’s positive reputation within the community
- Access to own transport is useful but not essential
- Ability to work and stay focused in a very active environment
- You must be able to work within relevant health and safety guidelines at all times
- You will be required to maintain appropriate confidentiality to protect the service users of Strode Park Foundation
Will I receive any training?
There will be some form of basic training and a declaration to sign.
You will also be given full induction by the fundraising department so that you know where everything is, and what is required of you.
Due to the nature of the role a DBS Disclosure barring checks may be required for those aged 18+.
You will find all our staff and volunteers very friendly and approachable and we will be very grateful for any assistance you are able to give!
If you’d like to know more, call us for an informal discussion with no obligation to join the team. Call Karen Jeal on 01227 373292.