Facilities Assistant – Platters Farm Lodge (Ref: 23-074PFL)
How would you like to be involved with a fantastic charity and provide hands-on maintenance support and repairs for our colleagues, residents and service users?
Are you looking for a role that gives you more than just a wage and is instead committed to improving the lives of our disabled residents?
If you are someone who takes pride in your work and has the ability, skills and experience we’re looking for to fill our Facilities Assistant role, we would love to hear from you.
As Facilities Assistant at our Platters Farm Lodge site in Rainham, Gillingham you will:
- Carry out day-to-day maintenance of the home and grounds, including any faults or repairs
- Respond in a timely manner to all maintenance requests raised by residents, family members or colleagues
- Undertake routine maintenance tasks and specific projects as directed by the Facilities Manager
- Assist with keeping the home and grounds clean and tidy
- Be flexible and prepared to work and provide support at other Strode Park Foundation sites if required.
Platters Farm Lodge is a purpose-built residential care home offering high quality respite, rehabilitation, dementia care service and long stay beds. The centre was opened in 1986 and is set in spacious landscaped gardens, situated within travelling distance from Rainham railway station and the High Street.
The accommodation is all on ground floor level with disabled access throughout, and comprises three wings. Each wing is self-contained with a communal lounge/dining room with television, DVD and radio plus a kitchenette where residents can prepare light snacks and drinks.
Further information can be found here: Dementia Services (strodepark.org.uk)
Platters Farm Lodge provides care on a 24 hour basis, 7 days a week including weekends and bank holidays. This means we value reliable and flexible staff. We will consider all requests for flexible working and are proud to be a ‘Flex from First’ employer. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
The Facilities Assistant role is full time (40 hours per week) and permanent.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Meals Provided
- Paid Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Free Flu Jab
- Free Parking
- Refer a friend bonus
- Strode Lottery
- Staff Council
- Flexible Hours
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Newsletter and updates
- Staff Awards
Our ideal Facilities Assistant will have:
- Previous maintenance experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- The ability to work as part of of a team and with colleagues in a collaborative, friendly and engaging way
- An understanding of facilities maintenance
- A commitment to your own continuing professional and personal development
Although not essential, a full clean driving licence and access to your own vehicle will be an advantage.
Caring since 1946, Strode Park Foundation provides vital care and support services, supported living opportunities and day and leisure services for young people and adults with a range of disabilities across Kent. Our values of Care, Inspire and Together underpin everything we do, and we are very proud to employ truly inspirational people who make our care setting a remarkable place to work.
Creating an Inclusive Environment
Strode Park Foundation (“Strode Park”) is fully committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Strode Park values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation.
Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our service users, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Strode Park will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. It will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.