Redwalls is a small and friendly residential care home for up to six young adults with physical and mild learning disabilities. It is set out in a way that allows a mix of privacy and togetherness that makes a vibrant fun place for living in and developing independence skills.
Redwalls is proud of its contribution in helping young adults to prepare themselves so that they have an improved opportunity for independent living. Our staff are skilled and experienced in supporting teenagers and young adults with complex disabilities and additional behavioural challenges.
For more information, to discuss your requirements or to make a referral please call Andrius Sedvydis on 01227 785067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conditions that need specific or therapeutic support
- Special educational needs
- Sensory challenges
- Reduced mobility
- The need to develop appropriate social behaviours
- The focus is on supporting people to achieve their own goals and aspirations and live as independently as possible
- Preparation for assisted independent living
- Long term residential care
- Short breaks (day care)
- Redwalls is situated in a lovely rural environment, located in the village of Stodmarsh close to the historic city of Canterbury and within easy access to all amenities the city offers including good rail and road links to London.
The home offers comfortable and spacious accommodation with single bedrooms, all with their own private toilets/wash hand basins, overhead tracking hoists and hi/low electric beds.
Each room is decorated to the individual’s preference to reflect their own personalities.
There are two large, well equipped bathrooms, again with overhead hoist systems, specialist electric baths and toilets to enable as much independence as possible.
The house has a very spacious dining area where the young adults’ family, friends and staff are encouraged to eat together making an open and friendly feel to the house. There is a ‘house’ computer with printer and internet access for all to use, as well as wireless access in all the bedrooms for those who have their own laptops.
Social outings are planned individually around the young adults’ wishes, from horse riding, cinema, wheelchair football, bowling, ice skating, discos, visits to animal parks and trips to London.
Redwalls can support young adults to access further education at any of the local colleges as well as increasing independence and life skills at Strode Park’s Lifestyles Academy nearby in Herne Bay. Working with key carers we encourage individual Independence plans which enable the young adults to be responsible for as much of their own daily lives as possible.