The gallery sits close to the centre of Whitstable’s bustling High Street. This unique popular seaside town attracts many visitors throughout the year, keen to sample its rich blend of traditional charm, maritime heritage and vibrant arts culture.
Spread over two floors, the spacious, airy gallery benefits from good natural light and adjustable spot lighting. The ample flexible hanging space provided allows the artist to tailor the gallery to create their own unique exhibition. The small courtyard at the rear of the gallery may also be used if required.
The Gallery offers artists:
- Easy hanging with no mess
- Assistance when setting up exhibitions
- Stewarding by the volunteer team
- Advertising/social network
- Equipped utility room
- Car parking space
- Central location
The gallery is operated by the Strode Park Foundation as part of its program to provide opportunities for people with disabilities to work, and otherwise be involved in, the local community, so as to improve the recognition of their value as members of the community.
The Strode Gallery’s main aims are:
- To provide a platform for the people who use Strode Park Foundation’s services, to display and sell photographic images created by them.
- To provide information and raise public awareness of The Strode Park Foundation and its beneficial work.
- To help integrate The Strode Park Foundation within the local community by providing gallery space for local artists to display and sell their work.
Visiting The Strode Gallery
Discover our permanent exhibition within the gallery. All the work on show is created and produced by Strode Park Foundation Photographic and Art groups. We have a selection of framed and mounted photos all for sale at reasonable prices. Meet our friendly volunteer team who run the gallery, we are here to help.
We hope you enjoy your visit to The Strode Gallery
The Strode Gallery
108 High Street,
Kent CT5 1AZ
Tel: 01227 373292