Strode Park offers a whole range of volunteering opportunities and we feel sure there will be something to suit you! We currently have volunteers working in the following areas:
- Charity Shops (Herne Bay & Tankerton)
- Theatre in the Park, our open air theatre in the grounds of Strode Park
- Strode Park House – assisting with social support activities for people with disabilities who live in our Nursing & Residential Care Home
- Lifestyles Academy – assisting our students with basic computer studies, cookery, numeracy and literacy and various other classes
- Escorting people with disabilities on outings
- Fundraising Events
You will find volunteering a very rewarding activity; not only for yourself but to your fellow volunteers, staff and our service users. We are most grateful for your interest and if you wish to apply to become a Strode Park Volunteer please could you complete the volunteer application form available to download below and return it to us at the accompanying address.
As with all positions where contact with vulnerable persons is required, you will be subject to a Police check that we will try to make as easy for you as possible. Also, when attending your interview, please bring with you originals of the following documents to make this process even easier:
- Official Document bearing National Insurance number
- British Birth Certificate or British Passport (Registration page only)
- Certificate of Registration or Naturalisation
- EEA Passport or travel document
- Utility bill showing current address
Would you like to volunteer at our Herne Bay Charity Shop?
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who can take on the role as a
If you can offer a few hours of your time each week then please complete an application form or call the Volunteer Coordinator on 01227 373292.
We would again like to thank you for your interest and look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Further information and an application form can be obtained by downloading the following documents: